April Troop Activities
· Introduce 24 New Scouts and split them into 3 Patrols
· Meal Planning for Scout Skills Campout, Troop Guides will assist the new patrols in selecting "easy" menus for their first time out.
· 2-Burner Stove Safety: Marcello will instruct on how to safely assemble and light our 2-Burner Stoves. Scouts will go outside and practice assembly and lighting.
· Jack will recruit more instructors for the Scout Skills Campout.
· Scout Skills Campout @ Jackson
8 April (Class A with Class B underneath)
· Thorns & Roses from the Scout Skills Campout
· Troop Guides will meet with New Patrols to pick Patrol names & yells
· Brody will give Flag Raising/Lowering & Folding instruction
· Older scouts will wash the trailers.
15 April (Class B night)
· Troop will vote on the final design for the 2019 Class B T-shirt
· Scouts and ASMs will play Dodgeball in the Gym (ASMs will provide Supervision)
· New Parents & Seasoned Parents meeting in the Cafeteria
· Court of Honor
· Marcello & Will Bagwell will MC
· Scout Sunday at St. Johns (11:30am mass)
· Basic Backpacking discussion/show & tell conducted by Mr. Sloan
· Jet Boil and Whisperlite Safety Instruction - Ryan Gallagher
· We'll practice assembly and lighting of the stoves outside.
· Meal Planning for Walls of Jericho
· Walls of Jericho (2 nights camping)
· New Patrols (and some 2nd year Patrols) will day hike down and back with a sack lunch and bottle of water. Tents and heavy equipment will stay at the base camp on top of the Walls of Jericho (by the parking lot).
· Regular Patrols will Backpack and establish a campsite in the bottom (next to the cemetery).
· Philmont Crews will plot a longer, more challenging route to the bottom and establish camp.
18 views0 comments